Thursday, June 7, 2012

June 7th


Ellen and I managed to walk 20km today; it was a long accidental walk.  I think that we maybe have confused many Zambians on our way. White people walking down the road in the middle of the bush, there must be something wrong with them. I am sure though that it must have been a sight; Ellen and I strolling down the road reading our books. When we finally made it home, we both lacked the energy to cook or to wait the two hours it takes to cook beans, so we had chocolate for dinner! I have yet to master cooking of beans, however I have mastered searching the bean carefully for rocks before soaking them over night. On more than one occasion I have had an unexpected surprise in my beans. Chew carefully or you might lose a tooth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment